Reading is also an art

As being a books lover since a very young age, it always bothered me that reading is not considered as an art. But for me, it is definitely, because not every one of us can read and feel what they read.

Reading is a travel trough time, an exchange of ideas, experiencing of several feelings, living many lives and being many other persons but you. Once you open a book it gets you out of yourself and takes you away from everything. It is an art because none of us reads as the same way as others do, every single person reads the poem or the novel or whatever they read in their own way and get it from their own point of view, that's why we don't have the same impressions about what we read. It is an art because it is associated with many other sorts of art like writing; in fact I believe that writing is a result of reading, we just rewrite what we have already read, and what I mean here by reading is not only reading books but also reading people and nature... it can also be associated with music, personally speaking, every book I have ever read is linked with the song I've been listening to while reading it. To sum up, reading had always been my escape from the world, my loyal friend and my source of inspiration.

Here's a poem from my favorite book "kafka on the shore" which has a very deep meaning and the love story behind it is very touching:


{You sit at the edge of the world,

I am in a crater that's no more.

Words without letters

Standing in the shadow of the door.


The moon shines down on a sleeping lizard,

Little fish rain from the sky.

Outside the window there are soldiers,

Steeling themselves to die.


(Refrain)


Kafka sits in a chair by the shore,

Thinking for the pendulum that moves the world, it seems.

When your heart is closed,

The shadow of the unmoving Sphinx,

Becomes a knife that pierces your dreams.


The drowning girl's fingers

Search for the entrance stone, and more.

Lifting the hem of her azure dress,

She  gazes

At Kafka on the shore}




Comments

Archive

Contact Form

Send